Residence Life & Dining
Appalachian's 21 residence halls house 5,081 students. The halls vary in size and style, with accommodations ranging from double rooms to suites and apartments.
The Department of University Housing maintains the residence halls on the Appalachian campus.
Appalachian Food Services offers a diverse selection of dining options located on East and West campus for students' convenience.
- The Central Dining Hall is home to both the Rivers Street Café and Sanford Commons.
- River's Street Café features Fire Side Pizza, Fresh Market, Healthy Select, Homestyle Classics, Noodle Works, On the Go, Rivers Street Grille, Sushi Bar, Treat Yosef and wrAPPS.
- Sanford Commons features A Sub Shop, Chick-fil-A, Conrad's Coffee, Habanero's, Mountaineer Grille, On the Go, The Pizzeria, Salads Plus, Traditions and Treat Yosef.
- Trivette Hall features Park Place Café and McAlister's Select.
- Plemmons Student Union features Cascades Café and McAlister's Deli.
- The Markets (Campus Convenience Stores) are located in Trivette Hall, the Universtiy Bookstore in the Plemmons Student Union and Appalachian Panhellenic Hall.
The Appalachian Express Account is an optional account that may be set up for a student's convenience. This account allows for funds to be deposited and then accessed by the AppCard at all campus dining facilities, vending machines, and other specific campus locations. The Appalachian Express Account is separate from the Meal Account, but it is still accessed by the AppCard.