The 18-hour, online Instructional Technology Facilitation Certificate is designed for education professionals and others who wish to enhance their use of digital technologies for teaching and learning. This program prepares traditional and nontraditional students to assume educational leadership roles in the use of instructional technology in public and private schools, public libraries and related educational settings through active scholarship, reflection, professional discourse and interdisciplinary programs of study based on the integration of theory and practice.
The certificate leads to the Special Endorsement in Computer Education (18079) or 077 “M” level licensure for Instructional Technology Specialists. It is ideal for those who want the content but already have a master’s degree. It also allows students to preview Appalachian’s Master of Arts in Educational Media degree program.
Required Entrance Exam: None
Required number of references to specify in the online form: None
Supplemental Information: Resume (Required upload for application submission)
Graduates are working at these and other employers:
- K-12 schools and central offices (public and private)
- Community colleges (instructors, support personnel, administrators)
- Universities (instructors, support personnel, administrators)
- For-profit education companies
- Spring: 11/1
- Summer Session 1: 4/1
- Summer Session 2: x
- Fall: 7/1
*See full deadline information below under Application Essentials.
- The innovative program is designed to meet the evolving needs of the instructional technology field.
- The program uses a hybrid of delivery systems, including 3D virtual worlds.
- You will learn from faculty in Appalachian’s renowned Reich College of Education who are experts in teaching and learning.
- All graduate programs at Appalachian have small class sizes, providing intimate classroom interaction.
- The School of Graduate Studies offers scholarships, fellowships and assistantships to support eligible, full-time, degree-seeking students.
Method of Delivery
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Technology Specialist
- Distance Education Manager/Supervisor
- Director of Instructional Technology or Distance Education
- Educational/Training Specialist
- Instructional Support Specialist
- Online Specialist/Manager
- Computer Educator
- Curriculum Specialist
Dr. Amy Cheney