Submit Your COVID-19 Test Results
Please note that the information on this page is updated as new information is available, and as CDC, state and local public health guidance changes. For the latest information, please check back regularly.
If you have already submitted your vaccine status to the university
- If you’ve submitted your fully vaccinated status to the university, nothing more is required and you may disregard additional messages about submitting vaccine status or testing results.
- If you are fully vaccinated but have not submitted your vaccine status, submit your vaccine status now to be exempted from the weekly testing requirement.
If you have not yet submitted your fully vaccinated status to the university, then you must be tested for COVID-19 weekly
Students and employees who are unvaccinated or who have not yet uploaded their vaccine status are required to submit a COVID-19 test each week. This requirement applies to students and employees who will be on any App State property, including satellite locations and internship sites.
If you are fully vaccinated, submit your vaccination status here.
If you are tested on-campus
If you are tested at at an off-campus testing location of your choice
- If you are tested at an off-campus testing location of your choice, you must submit your test results each Friday by 5 p.m. Self-reporting test results must be verified by a testing laboratory (no home test kits) and will be monitored for compliance. Non-compliance with this safety requirement may result in disciplinary action.
If you are not fully vaccinated, submit your test results now!
Which tests are accepted?
- The university cannot accept home test kit results.
- PCR or rapid-Antigen tests that are read by a testing laboratory (not home test kits) will be accepted and should include:
- Time stamp.
- Result of test, positive or negative.
- The name of the verifying lab or testing entity.
- The name of the individual being tested.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, you may upload the results of your last positive test to be exempt from the university's weekly testing requirements for 90 days from your last positive test.
All records will be kept confidential.
Where can I get a COVID-19 test?
You may choose to utilize the on-campus testing clinics or select an off-campus testing location that generates a result from a laboratory licensed to perform testing (not a home test kit).
- App State testing clinics are regularly held on campus and are open to students, faculty and staff, regardless of vaccination status. If you get tested at an App State testing clinic, your test results will be automatically provided to the university.
- Please note that Student Health Service reserves their testing appointments for students who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Visit the COVID-19 Testing page for the latest information about upcoming testing events on campus, as well as other testing providers.
What if I can’t get a COVID-19 test or can’t get my results in time for the deadline?
We understand that depending on the laboratory, test results may be delayed. As soon as you get your test results, submit them.
REMEMBER: You are exempt from submitting a COVID-19 test if you are fully vaccinated. As soon as you become fully vaccinated, submit your vaccination status to remove your name from the list of individuals who must submit test results. You’ll also be exempted from other requirements and entered to win prizes.
If you believe you have a qualifying disability that exempts you from both COVID-19 vaccination AND COVID-19 testing, visit the Office of Disability Resources website to request accommodation. Please note it is advisable to familiarize yourself with information about qualifying disabilities and reasonable accommodations before submitting a request.
Questions? Contact App State’s COVID-19 Call Center at 828-262-2000 with questions or for more information.