Wednesday, Sept. 8, 2021
If you have not yet submitted your fully vaccinated status to the university, then you must be tested for COVID-19 weekly.
If you are fully vaccinated, submit your vaccination status here.
If you are not fully vaccinated, submit the results of a COVID-19 test here.
- You must submit your test results each Friday by 5 p.m. in order for them to be included among the test results for the week. Self-reporting test results will be monitored and non-compliance with this safety requirement may result in disciplinary action. If you have tested positive for COVID-19, you may upload the results of your last positive test to be exempt from the university's weekly testing requirements for 90 days from your last positive test.
- PCR or rapid-Antigen tests that are read by a testing laboratory (not home test kits) will be accepted.
All records will be kept confidential.
What if I can’t get a COVID-19 test or can’t get my results in time for the deadline?
You will be exempt from submitting a COVID-19 test if you are fully vaccinated. As soon as you become fully vaccinated, submit your vaccination status to remove your name from the list of individuals who must submit test results. You’ll also be exempted from other requirements and entered to win prizes.
We understand that depending on the laboratory, test results may be delayed. As soon as you get your test results, submit them.
If you believe you have a qualifying disability that exempts you from COVID-19 vaccination AND COVID-19 testing, visit the Office of Disability Resources website to request accommodation. Please note it is advisable to familiarize yourself with information about qualifying disabilities and reasonable accommodations before submitting a request.
Where can I get a COVID-19 test?
You may choose to utilize the on-campus testing clinics or select an off-campus testing location that generates a result from a laboratory licensed to perform testing (not a home test kit).
- App State testing clinics are regularly held on campus. The next testing event is today from noon - 4 p.m., and is open to faculty, staff and students regardless of vaccination status. If you get tested at an App State testing clinic, your test results will be automatically provided to the university. Find out more about dates, times and locations of upcoming testing clinics. Please note that Student Health Service reserves their testing appointments for students who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- The local health department, AppHealthCare, offers free drive-up testing to anyone who would like a COVID-19 test weekdays from 8:30 - 10 a.m. Appointments are not required. Find out more information.
- NCDHHS offers additional information about no-cost community testing events and other testing sites in North Carolina on their Find My Testing Place page.
How do I submit COVID-19 test results?
If you took advantage of an on-campus testing clinic, you do not need to submit your results as these will be on file.
If you were tested at an off-campus testing location of your choice, submit/upload your COVID-19 test result here. Testing documentation must be a lab result that is generated by a lab licensed to perform testing (not a home test kit).
Questions? Contact EHS&EM at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for more information.