COVID-19 weekly update from App State’s Project Management Implementation Team (PMIT)
Each week, App State’s Project Management and Implementation Team will provide weekly progress reports to campus from the teams across campus who are working toward resuming daily operations and returning to classrooms and labs.
As we return, campus will look and operate differently in order to maintain the safest possible learning and work environment. Enhanced health and safety practices and physical changes are being phased in now and will be fully implemented prior to the start of the fall 2020 semester. Here are a few of the plans currently being implemented:
Cleaning and disinfecting:
- Additional custodial staff: 50 additional temporary custodial staff will begin work on campus in August to clean high traffic areas throughout times of increased use.
- Departmental cleaning supplies: Hospital-grade disinfectant, paper towels and refillable hand sanitizer dispensers will be provided and re-stocked by custodial staff.
- Classroom cleaning: Classrooms will be cleaned by custodial staff multiple times a day. Laboratory cleaning plans are in development.
- Hand sanitizing stations: 300 hand sanitizing stations will be installed at primary entrances and exits of academic buildings and in high traffic areas.
- Physical distancing: Classroom furniture will be re-organized to reduce seating and place appropriate distance between each person in the classroom.
- Additional classroom spaces: All available space on campus, including the Plemmons Student Union meeting rooms, conference rooms and other meeting room spaces on campus, will be utilized as classroom space in order to accommodate physical distance requirements.
- Fresh air exchange: Heating and air systems are being optimized to provide the greatest possible fresh air exchange.
Positive case dashboard:
On June 5, Chancellor Everts announced an update to the university’s coronavirus website to include a dashboard that gives increased visibility regarding COVID-19 test results, the number of positive COVID-19 cases and information related to testing sites. The website and dashboard are the most accurate and immediate source for the latest information related to App State's response to COVID-19.
Information coming soon:
- Face covering guidance
- On-campus student housing move-in process
- High risk identification and accommodation
Additionally, AppHealthCare and Student Health Service will share detailed information about testing, tracing and reporting positive App State test cases.