App State's Master of Business Administration program provides educational experiences to prepare students for lifelong learning and professional leadership responsibilities in a dynamic global environment. The program’s flexibility allows each student to receive the best educational experience possible with the opportunity to complete your degree in one year through our full-time program on the main campus in Boone or two years through our part-time on-campus program or our online program.
Our program provides individualized attention through dedicated career services and academic advising, as well soft skills and professional development. App State's MBA program believes that networking and team building are extremely important in the process of building future leaders. Wherever you find yourself in life, you can always call on an App State graduate for help, advice and support.
App State’s main-campus MBA program offers seven concentrations, all of which require the completion of at least one course with an international focus. This requirement can be fulfilled through an optional faculty-led study abroad experience.
Students in the online program will take preapproved courses that lead to the Interdisciplinary Concentration.
Required Entrance Exam: GMAT OR GRE (score must be no more than 5 years old; entrance exam may be waived for students meeting waiver guidelines.)
Required number of references to specify in the online form: 3
Supplemental Information: Resume (Required upload for application submission)
Basic Conditions for Consideration of Admission: Meeting or exceeding the conditions below does NOT guarantee admission. All applications for a given entry term will be weighed based upon the number of seats available and the quality of the complete application packages. With special permission from the Graduate School, a program may admit a limited number of students with exceptional circumstances who do not meet the graduate school minimums.
Students applying to the MBA program who need prerequisite courses have the option of an accelerated prerequisite program. The accelerated program offers a range of self-paced courses that are designed to be used as prerequisites to a core set of courses in graduate business education. This will allow the MBA to be open to all undergraduate majors who wish to apply and finish the degree in one year.
Graduate School: GPA in the last earned degree and official GMAT or GRE scores, along with application materials including the applicant’s letter of intent (personal statement), resume, and recommendation letters, are all considered in making admission decisions.
Admission to Business Administration: Both qualitative and quantitative aspects of applications are reviewed in comparison to the current applicant pool.
- Duke Energy Corporation
- Hanesbrands Inc.
- Bank of America
- Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Abbott Laboratories
- Mariott International
- Hillshire Brands
- Piedmont Hospital
- Blue Bell Inc.
- Alpine Pro
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Lowe’s Home Improvement
- American Express
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Appalachian Regional Healthcare Foundation
- Synchrony Financial
Spring Admission (main campus program only)
Summer Session (main campus program only)
Fall Admission (main campus and online)
- The MBA program’s accolades include Top Tier ranking for North American schools by the International Graduate Forum (IGF), Global MBA Super Table, Triad Business Journal’s Largest N.C. MBA Programs, and CEO Magazine MBA Rankings-Tier One.
- You will study in the Walker College of Business, accredited by AACSB since 1976 and ranked in The Princeton Review’s Best 295 Business Schools for 2016.
- The program offers high value for the cost.
- Students enrolled full-time in the main campus program can complete their degree in one year. Students enrolled in the online program can complete their degree in two years.
- You will benefit from dedicated academic advisors who assist students with their programs of study and course schedules and a career services office that assists students with professional, leadership and career development opportunities.
- The optional international experience provides study-abroad opportunities in various countries.
- There is the option of an accelerated prerequisite program.
- All graduate programs at Appalachian have small class sizes, providing intimate classroom interaction.
- The School of Graduate Studies offers scholarships, fellowships and assistantships to support eligible, full-time, degree-seeking students.
On campus and online
- Senior Accountant
- Head of Sales
- Financial Advisor
- Capital Markets Analyst
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- Allocation Analyst
- Management Consultant
- Supply Chain Business Analyst
- Audit Associate
- Technology Business Consultant
- Human Resource Manager
- Digital Marketing Specialist
Dr. Neel Das