Appalachian’s Master of Music in Music Performance provides a well-rounded education in music as a formidable expression of artistic talent and demonstrated excellence in knowledge of pedagogy and applied literature. As a student performer, you will have the opportunity to develop a high level of musicianship, superior artistry and a strong commitment to the art of performance. The program instills a lifelong desire to participate creatively and study as a dedicated artist, performer, scholar and teacher.
You may choose from among 23 concentrations in areas related to your instrument, theory/composition and conducting.
Course titles and information can be found in the Graduate Bulletin.
- Public and private schools
- Two-year and four-year colleges and universities
- NC Medical Society Alliance
- Fresh Air Music
- Svec Music Studio
- Tennessee Baptist Convention
- Individual churches and church denominations
- Music supply companies
- U.S. Army
- Center for Faith and the Arts
- Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Spring: 11/1
- Summer Session 1: 4/1
- Summer Session 2: 4/1
- Fall: 7/1
- The Hayes School of Music’s graduate program allows students the opportunity to work alongside nationally and internationally recognized scholars, conductors and performers.
- Students receive personal mentoring and coaching in terms of performance, research, and/or conducting.
- There are ample opportunities to present research, conduct ensembles and perform in large scale productions or concerts on a regular basis.
- All graduate programs at Appalachian have small class sizes, providing intimate classroom interaction.
- The School of Graduate Studies offers scholarships, fellowships and assistantships to support eligible, full-time, degree-seeking students.
Method of Delivery
- Teacher/Music Director
- Band Director
- Choral Director
- Music Coordinator
- Minister of Music
- Executive Director of Curriculum
- Artistic and Executive Director
- Supervisor Arts Education
- Fine Arts Coordinator
- Freelance musician
Dr. Victor Mansure
Coordinator of Graduate Studies