Across our campus, faculty, staff and students are engaged in teaching, research and learning in an environment fundamentally changed by the coronavirus.
We continue to develop ways to be flexible and responsive with the following overarching strategic goals:
- Ensuring the health and safety of the campus and greater campus communities by enacting policies and practices to reduce the potential spread of COVID-19.
- Ensuring continuity of Appalachian’s academic mission (teaching/service/research) and building a path to restore in-person academic instruction.
- Ensuring financial stability.
- Supporting campus community resiliency and well-being through the implementation of strategies to address needs of students, faculty, and staff.
- Restoring campus functions and programs strategically based on criticality of function/program, campus community need, and public health guidance.
Classes began on Jan. 19 as scheduled and met online until Feb. 1.
Staff and faculty continue to work steadily, in accordance with UNC System expectations and our educational mission, to assess and adjust every aspect of the Appalachian Experience to keep health and safety at the forefront.
App State provides weekly progress reports to campus with the latest operational updates and important information.