Please note that the information on this page is updated as new information is available, and as CDC, state and local public health guidance changes. For the latest information, please check back regularly.
App State will return to pre-pandemic operations for the fall 2021 semester, with safety precautions in place.
Vaccinations are our best defense against COVID-19. All students, faculty and staff should get vaccinated against COVID-19. Learn more at the university’s COVID-19 vaccines page.
With national, state and local efforts to return students to classrooms underway, and a nationwide increase in COVID-19 vaccine supply, App State is preparing for the full return to pre-pandemic operations for the fall 2021 semester, with safety precautions in place. The university will continue to make data-driven decisions informed by prevailing national, state and local public health guidance, ordinances and restrictions. We are planning that:
- In-person classes, and on-campus work, will be the norm again.
- Residence halls will be fully occupied, campus dining will be fully operational and events and activities will once again be held in person.
- Classroom seating configurations will return to pre-pandemic conditions.
Our top priority in all decisions is the health, safety and well-being of the App State community. As scientific knowledge of the coronavirus continues to evolve, the COVID-19 pandemic changes over time, and government and public health officials issue new orders and guidance, App State will update procedures and plans as needed. The university will follow all state and federal orders, directives of The University of North Carolina System, and will adhere to guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state and local public health in order to ensure the safest possible on-campus environment.
- App State will continue to set the standard for excellence with safety measures and cleaning procedures.
- The university will continue holding vaccine clinics for students, faculty, staff and community members.
- COVID-19 safety restrictions will be relaxed for those who are fully vaccinated.
- Face coverings are required in all indoor areas for those who are not vaccinated.
- Cleaning/safety measures in place will continue.
App State provides progress reports to campus with the latest operational updates and important information.